Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday

Today I slept in a little and got up at 8. We helped Terri paint at the building that is going to be the store. All the kids were playing outside and as we were painting all the sudden it sounded like an uprising. We found out later that the kids were going crazy over these giant jungle ants. After a while, I went and got the bubbles out of my backpack for all the kiddies at Casa de Esperanza. They loved that! They were blowing them and after a while many of the boys were taking small sticks and shoving the ants into the little bubble containers. I was jumping with Pamela, Daniela and Cindy on the trampoline for a while. Then many of the kids embarked on an ant hunt and collected them in a little yellow bucket. They probably had at least 50!! Fernando got up on my back and I helped them go for the hunt. Those 14 kids are most precious souls. They are troopers. With what they've gone through in their young lives they are so resilient. They care for one another and they love with all their might. They've been helping me learn Spanish so much also.

Later in the day my teammates and I took some garbage bags and went out into Santa Ana. There is much trash. It seemed like a great way to get involved in the community and interact with people. Just down the drive from Casa de Esperanaza many people were chatting at the junction. We all smiled and did our best say hello in Spanish. Over by a fence I was picking up some trash and along hopped a big fat toad, and I picked it up, and some of the people came to see what I had and we all had a good chuckle. It is definitely a neat opportunity from God. I think that if we had some down time at any point it would be great to continue to do.

Much to say, but it has been a blessed day. Much love and peace to you.

No comments: